Monday, July 15, 2013

Maintenance Mode

It’s a strange feeling once you have accomplished something. A sense of satisfaction but also “Where do I go from here” I attained my goal of losing 55 pounds. I started at 260 and counted calories until I reached 205. 202.5 was my lowest weight. And 200 is my bottom line. I will eventually get below 205 which is my weight ceiling. Last Monday I hit 204.5 so I ate more than I had been. The next day it shot back up to 207, yikes!!  I went right back to my previous calorie intake. By Saturday I was down to 203. Even with the 4th of July eating fest.  

Last week, we went to Palm Springs for a couple of days and decided ahead of time, no worrying about food. We ate Mexican food , large breakfasts and desserts.  Needless to say I was full the whole time and enjoyed all the food.  The day we left I was at 202.5. Sunday after getting back I was at 205. Even with all the food we ate,  it was not possible to gain 2.5 lbs in 3 days.  I would have had to eat 8800 calories more than I burned in two days. For me that means 6000 calories per day.  So I knew it would come off as fast as I gained. I ate well the rest of Saturday and walked 4 miles. Sunday I ate pizza but limited the portion and walked 6 miles. Monday morning I was back down to 202.5.

Sunday night I wanted to eat something else just to snack, but I was not hungry. No going back to old habits. As the summer lingers I need to find my nominal calorie intake that allows me to keep my weight.  After eating a lot over vacation, I look forward to getting back to my routine.

For now I will continue to monitor calories and maintain my weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment